Friday, February 8, 2013

Daydreams

Dear Macey,

There isn't a day that passes that I don't think of you at least 100 times! Somedays I daydream about what you will look like. I think about your eyes, your cheeks, your smile and your little fingers. Somedays I worry that I won't know what to do with your hair (lucky for you we have plenty of friends that have offered lessons). Somedays I wonder if you are even born yet. I try to do the calculations in my head, figuring in the estimated time left in the process and taking into consideration the age that we have request you be (under 12 months). Somedays I wonder if your mother and father will be alive and if so, will we get to meet them. I daydream about rocking you, feeding you, bathing you and dressing you. I daydream about Daddy and I playing with you and helping you learn new things. I daydream about the day Daddy and I will have your dedication at church and what an amazing feeling that will be! I think about your brothers and sisters seeing you for the first time. I think about the tears of joy that will certainly be free flowing that day. I think about them holding you and embracing you into our family. I daydream about Rachel, Alex and Peyton all making a special trip home just to meet you. I think about Parker and Noel helping get things ready in the days just before we bring you home.

Most of all though, I daydream about the day Daddy and I lay our eyes on your precious face for the first time. I play it over and over in my mind and I just can't begin to wrap my head around what that will be like! I think I just might be weak kneed and speechless. I can't wait for that day! It feels so close and still so far.

We love you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment