Sunday, March 10, 2013

One small step closer

Dear Macey,
 The notice for your brother's appointment finally arrived! Every step we put behind us makes me so extremely happy, and this is no exception. Alex and I will drive to Jacksonville this week to USCIS for his fingerprinting. Just Alex and I will go since Daddy will be working and your other brothers and sister have school. So, when the prints are processed and cleared we should receive the approval for your visa. Once the U.S. approves a visa for you, then we are able to petition the Ethiopian Embassy for your adoption. When our petition is received, their courts will send us your referral. The referral is a file that will contain a picture of you (Oh, how I cannot wait for that!!) your medical records, your families information (if available) your name, birthdate/age and any other information that they may be able to provide about you.
  I have to look back and remind myself how far we have come already. I have to remind myself how this time last year, we didn't even know that the gift of you would be given to us. When I look at it through those eyes, it is very reassuring that we are just about half way there. We are all so very, very excited! So many people ask about you. I don't recall one day since we started this journey to you, that someone hasn't asked about you. It might be a friend, someone from the school, someone at Daddy's work, someone at church. You just wouldn't believe all of the people who are excited for you to get here. It brings me so much joy to think about you being loved by so many people.
We do love you Macey, already!

No comments:

Post a Comment