Friday, October 25, 2013

Just some thoughts

Dear Macey,

  I'm sure someday we will look back at all of the times I called you "Macey" and giggle. Only our Heavenly Father really knows what your name will be, but for my sanity, we had to stop calling you "the baby"! So, for now, we call you Macey.
  It has been a long summer of waiting. We began at #47 on the official waiting list. 5 months later (and not officially) we should be 29 or 30 when the November 1 update is released. The referrals are coming, and the list is moving. It is so encouraging to read about others as they receive that long awaited and prayed for phone call. I know in God's perfect timing, it will be our turn too.
  This summer we took your two oldest brothers (Alex and Peyton) to college. We moved them into their dorms, Alex at FAU and Peyton at UCF. It occured to me that they will have a different relationship with you than Parker and Noel. I suppose I hadn't thought about it before and it saddened me a bit. They will not see you every morning when all start the day. They won't be at home on the weekends when we are hanging out as a family. They won't be home in the evenings to hug goodnight before we all go to bed. It will just be different. and it will be okay. I know this is exactly how God intends it to be, it is just a thought I am trying to get used to. We will be intentional about nurturing your relationship with Alex, Peyton and Rachel as much as possible. As for Noel and Parker, they will be the luckier ones for sure. But either way, I know, with each one you will hold a precious place in their hearts. I know that as you grow, so will their love and addoration of you. I am still blown away that God has chosen us to be a part of that. That he is going to allow us to experience that.... with you!!!
What a gracious, merciful and generous God we serve. I am thankful for the gift of you Macey!

We love you already!
-mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment